ATN X-SIGHT II – Bringing the future to the present using ideas from the past
The ATN X-SIGHt II Smart Digital Riflescope is an interesting piece of kit to say the least. It is a true digital riflescope, meaning it uses a digital camera to feed a digital LCD display which is viewed via the ‘eye piece’. Unlike traditional scope-cam setups, this is a stand alone package. It is not lightweight. It is not for everyone.
It is not going to make you shoot better… actually, it might. (More on that later)
Details and Specifications
The ATN X-SIGHT II
- Record 1080p HD Video night or day
- Smooth Zoom (no on-screen indication of zoom levels)
- Range Finder (Bracketing based)
- Smart Shooting Solutions (available in August 2016 Firmware update)
- Geo-tagging (If GPS is available
- WiFi streaming via Obsidian User Interface App for Android and iOS
- Bluetooth (currently disabled, but will be enabled via firmware update later this year)
- Day or Night Vision Modes
- 3D Gyroscope
- Recoil Activated Video (Seems to be very hit or miss for airgun use)
- Not recommended for springer, gas ram or nitro piston air guns
- IR Illuminator 850nm (good for out to about 50-70 yards)
- MicroSD Slot (up to 64 GB)
- Multiple Reticles to Select
- Picatinny mount
- Uses 4x Lithium AA batteries or external battery pack
- Dimensions: 11.36” x 3.5” x 3.45”
- Supports up to .308 traditional firearm round
- Weight: 2.55lbs (40.8oz)
Ground breaking Features
The ATN X-Sight II has a few well thought out and useful features, all of which help to add to the value and flexibility of this as a tool to add to your collection.
- Store multiple weapon profiles, allowing you easily swap rifles or use different ammunition.
- Smart Shooting Solution feature is a built-in ballistics computer. It will calculate trajectory and adjust the reticle location accordingly.
- View scope footage in real time or recording via WiFi on smartphones or tablets. This is a great training tool, as it allows you to review your shooting habits, and can potentially help make you a better shooter.
- Generate geo-tagged photos or videos in 1080p HD.
- Mount 3rd party IR Illuminator or flashlight to massively increase night vision range to well over 300 yards (I’ve had people share stories of taking out coyote at over 500 yards with the X-Sight II at night using custom IR flashlights).
This digital Day/Night rifle scope is an amazing piece of technology. It can be a pricey piece of kit, and it is aimed for certain at those who don’t flinch at the price tag when shopping for some of the more popular scopes out there in the airgun world. It provides a usable 5-20x scope with the ability to record video and take still images. Add to that the IR night vision capabilities, and you have an attractive package. One huge advantage of this system for night vision use lies in the fact that it is all digital. This allows for superior IR performance when compared to many of the ‘ad-on’ style NV systems used by airgun enthusiasts overseas.
I purchased my X-Sight II initially as a tool to help me with reviewing air guns, however I quickly found myself using it more and more frequently than I expected to. I can run mine either off the ATN battery pack, or a small cell phone external battery pack in addition to using 4AA lithium batteries.
If you are looking for both an easy way to do scope cam videos and a night vision setup, this is THE rifle scope for you. It retails for close to $700 currently, but for the features it includes is well worth the price. I will continue to provide updates on this scope as I’ll be using it in my airgun reviews moving forward.
For more information, or to order your ATN X-SIGHT II use the following link: http://amzn.to/2blYqYU
Consider getting one of these external battery packs should you want something a little more affordable than the ATN one: http://amzn.to/2c9QZjv