The Hatsan Predator – Tactical Synthetic Bottle Gun
With all the news of late from Hatsan being focused on their new Semi Automatic PCP lineup of rifles, a few of their other, and to me equally exciting, PCP Rifle announcements have managed to slip past most of us. Please bear in mind that this info is straight from the manufacturer, and may or may not make it to your local market.
- Manual loading, bolt action, pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air rifle.
- Available in .177 (4.5mm), .22 (5.5mm) and 25 (6.35mm) caliber.
- Detachable 17-shot magazine in .177 (4.5mm), 14-shot magazine in .22 (5.5mm) and 13-shot magazine in .25 (6.35mm), caliber.
- 200 bar fill pressure 400cc air tube bottle + 50cc air tube.
- Precision rifled choked barrel for accuracy, threaded for ½” UNF sound moderator & fitted muzzle cap. QE shrouded barrel version available.
- Includes 3 magazines.
- Includes quick-fill nozzle.
- Advanced polymer, tactical stock with integrated pistol grip and integrated picatinny rail beneath the forearm.
- Stock mounted on rear air cylinder bottle.
- Elevation & fit angle adjustable rubber butt pad and elastic material cheek piece.
- Built-in pressure gauge to monitor the cylinder pressure.
- Picatinny rail milled receiver for both 11mm and 22mm scope mounts.
- Overall blued finish, black anodized receiver.
- Manual safety.
- “Anti-double pellet feed” mechanism preventing more than one pellet loading into barrel.
- Detachable & adjustable rear sight with Truglo fiber optics.
- Elevation adjustable front sight with Truglo fiber optics.
- 2-stage adjustable trigger for trigger travel and trigger load.
- Black metal trigger.
- Fitted sling swivels.
Caliber: 4.5 mm / .177 cal 5.5 mm / .22 cal 6.35 mm / .25 cal
Energy: .177 – 28 ft.lbs 58 Joules / .22 – 43 ft.lbs 68 Joules / .25 50 ft.lbs
Bottle Capacity: 200 BAR Fill / 400 cc + 50 cc (We assume the 50CC is in the plenum)
Shots Per Fill: 40-50 Optimal / 130+ Total
Overall Length: 1100 mm (43.3″)
Barrel Length: 585 mm (23″)
Weight: 5.1 kg (11.2 lbs)
Paying Attention to Fans and Tuners Alike
A few of the features shown and listed on this rifle have us excited. The included, removable and adjustable TruGlow fiber optic rear sight is a welcome addition to the Hatsan PCP lineup. For both plinking and some small game situations, open sights are all one really needs, so seeing them included is good to see.
While many prefer the shrouded barrels on the QE line, I for one am glad to see continued support for the threaded barrels on the standard versions of their rifles. I know quite a few enthusiasts who would rather add their own after market moderator to their PCP rifle, and Hatsan’s continued support of the non-QE lineup is a good thing to see.
Finally, Hatsan did something very interesting in their description of the Predator. In stating the air capacity, they listed the 400cc from the bottle, but then went out of their way to note a “+50cc”. If my assumptions are correct, this extra space lies between the bottle and the valve, and may provide enough space for a regulator to be added. This is just an assumption at this point, however in discussions with Hatsan at SHOT Show 2017, I did have some informal discussions with some of the Hatsan Staff on regulating their bottle guns, such as the Nova.
Stay tuned for more updates from Hatsan in the future.
To see what’s available currently from Hatsan, please visit one of our advertisers below: