Underlever Repeating Goodness?
When it comes to non-PCP airguns, some of the most accurate choices out there are those with a fixed barrel, such as the new Hatsan Proxima underlever repeater. We first saw this rifle earlier this year, and are finally able to share some of the specs on it. Look for a full review of this great looking rifle later this year.
- 14 shot repeater in .177 (4.5mm) , 12 shot repeater in .22 (5.5mm) and 10 shot repeater in .25 (6.35mm) calibers.
- Includes 2 detachable clip magazines.
- Vortex gas piston power source.
- Black chrome finish barrel and cylinder provides maximum corrosion resistance.
- Fixed barrel / under lever cocking system.
- Quattro Trigger is a 2-Stage fully adjustable match trigger system.
- SAS- Shock Absorber System significantly reduces vibration.
- Precision rifled steel barrel for accuracy.
- Manual safety & automatic cocking safety.
- Anti bear-trap cocking arm safety.
- Stylish design genuine Turkish walnut ambidextrous stock.
- Elevation adjustable comb.
- Scope mount rail & shock absorber scope stop.
- Gold plated trigger blade.
- Micro adjustable rear sight for both windage and elevation with Truglo fiber optics.
- Hooded front sight with Truglo fiber optics.
- Fitted sling swivels.
- Includes 3 stock spacers to extend to stock length.
- Includes a free sling and a detachable picatinny rail.
Not your typical Hatsan Rifle
In general, Hatsan produces some amazing air guns. For their non-PCP line, they are known for some rather powerful, hard hitting, however not novice friendly rifles. The Hatsan Proxima seems to be a little different, at least from the numbers they have thus far released.
The Proxima seems to be a moderately powered air rifle. Based on what we know of Hatsan’s typical advertised velocities and power, chances are that this will be a 16-17FPE rifle in .22 caliber. At an advertised 720FPS in .22, it is quite a bit below the 1200FPS+ those new to our sport have come to expect advertised for a new rifle. At this time, we shall see just what this means for the Proxima, but our hope is that the Hatsan Proxima will exchange some of that missing power for shot to shot consistency and diminished recoil.
Caliber: 4.5 mm / .177 cal 5.5 mm / .22 cal 6.35mm / .25 cal
Velocity: .177 -250 m/s (820fps) / .22 -220 m/s (720fps) / .25 – 190 m/s (620fps)
Magazine Capacity: .177 – 14 / .22 – 12 / .25 – 10
Stock: Genuine Turkish walnut.
Overall Length: 1153 mm (45.4″)
Barrel Length: 420 mm (15.5″)
Weight: 4.25 kg (9.3 lbs)
To see what’s available currently from Hatsan, please visit one of our advertisers below: